At Booking.com, data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core. And innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, lines of code or A/B tests. We’re the thrill of the first night in a new place. The excitement of the next morning. The friends you make. The journeys you take. The sights you see. And the food you sample. Through our products, partners and people, we make it easier for everyone to experience the world.
In the Experimentation Track we build solutions for A/B testing, enabling hundreds of teams to run randomized control tests to make the best possible decisions about the features that they expose to our customers. Our guiding principle is that by helping experimenters to make data driven decisions we help our business.
We are looking for a Full Stack Software Developer to join our team and help us to build a world class experimentation tool. You’ll work side by side with designers, frontend and backend developers, data scientists and product managers to create services, APIs, tools and interfaces that help experimenters to test their hypotheses. Our daily work is to find the perfect mix between science, technology and user experience to empower teams in the company to use the scientific method in their product development practices.
As a Full-Stack Developer, you are responsible for the development, performance, and scaling of world-class end to end web applications including backend and frontend technologies. You will work independently and will also be responsible for making technical decisions within the team.
Specifically, you will:
- Deliver web applications from idea inception and validation to a scalable solution.
- Develop new user-facing products and optimize existing ones using both client-side as well as server-side languages and technologies.
- Act as an intermediary for understanding and solving problems, with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Advocate a collaborative working environment - make “my ideas” into “our ideas”
- Work building one of the most advanced A/B testing platforms in the industry.
- Collaborate with colleagues to ideate solutions for users, prioritizing based on business impact.
- Translate requirements and mockups into fully functioning features using modern Front End development frameworks;
- Contribute to the growth of Booking.com through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts
We are looking for driven developers who enjoy solving problems, who initiate discussions, are solutions-oriented and who believe that any challenge can be scaled with the right mindset and tools. Understanding the full-stack of web development, from the transmission of data segments between networks to presenting a well-strategized experience to users is vitally important in this role.
Specifically, you have:
- A minimum of 4 years of experience of Web development. (with preference of strong knowledge in backend technologies and solid knowledge in frontend technologies)
- Experience with relational data storage and SQL.
- Experience working with version control and pipelines: git, GitLab, GitHub, etc.
- Experience working on end to end products that impact a large user base.
- Self-starters with a collaborative, “can-do” attitude.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience building reusable components or SDKs or libraries, used internally by other development teams.
- Passionate learners who aren’t afraid of new tools and technologies to build a great end-to-end customer experience.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Vue, NodeJS and GraphQL.
- Experience with A/B testing.
- University degree in Mathematics or Software Engineering.
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe;
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travellers worldwide;
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture;
- Opportunity to utilize technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit;
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions;
- Technical, behavioural and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation;
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com.